This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data by Koak Design B.V. and its affiliates (hereinafter collectively: “Koak Design”).
Safeguarding privacy and confidentiality of information
For Koak Design, ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of information is essential. Koak Design is committed to safeguarding the protection and correct use of your personal data, such as your name, address, and bank account number. In this privacy statement you can read how Koak Design processes and protects your personal data.
Collection and use of personal data
If you wish to use the services of Koak Design, it is necessary to process certain personal data of yours. For example, the data necessary to execute the agreement.
Purposes of the processing
Koak Design will only process your personal data for the following purposes:
- The acquisition of new customers and other marketing;
- Handling orders;
- Communications with customers, e.g. in relation to support, invoicing, and debt collection, expanding functionality;
- Placing content on social media for marketing purposes;
- Conducting the financial administration and personnel/payroll administration.
Categories of personal data:
Koak Design processes the following categories of your personal data:
- Of customers: Name, address, place of residence, bank account numbers, job, gender, e-mail address, direct dial number/mobile number, IP address and visitor history, voice log of telephone contact with Koak Design, any personal quotes placed on an online platform;
- Of employees: Name, address, place of residence, Social Security number, date of birth, gender, telephone number, bank account details, salary details, marital status, family composition, absenteeism data, and other work-related data, photos, quotes.
Basis for data processing
Koak Design processes your personal data in particular to execute the agreement or on the basis of a legal obligation. To a lesser extent, personal data are processed on the basis of a legitimate interest of Koak Design, or on the basis of permission obtained from the data subject.
- Agreement: An agreement for the provision of products is concluded between the customer and Koak Design. Processing certain personal data is necessary for the proper execution of this agreement.
- Legal obligation: Koak Design also processes personal data if this is necessary to meet any legal obligation resting on Koak Design.
- Legitimate interest: In situations where Koak Design has a more legitimate interest than your privacy interests, Koak Design is entitled to process your personal data.
- Permission: If Koak Design wishes to process personal data but this processing does not fall under one of the aforementioned principles, Koak Design will ask your permission before Koak Design processes the data.
Sharing and passing on personal data
Koak Design may share your personal data with organisations it has involved in the execution of the agreement. These involved parties are only given access to the personal data necessary to the performance of their duties.
Koak Design uses software programs in order to carry out its work correctly. The suppliers of these software programs have access to personal data. To safeguard the lawful processing by these suppliers, Koak Design has concluded processor agreements with these suppliers.
Koak Design does not sell personal data to third parties. Also, Koak Design will not pass on any personal data it has been given to third parties for the purposes of their direct marketing.
Koak Design guarantees that your personal data will not be retained any longer than is necessary in the context of the service, unless the storage of your personal data is necessary to comply with statutory retention obligations or you request the removal of your personal data.
Safety and integrity of data
Koak Design has drawn up a security policy and implemented measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Access to your personal data will be strictly limited to those who, on behalf of Koak Design, are involved in the provision of services to you or who are otherwise authorised to do so within the framework of the privacy legislation. The individuals who have access to the personal data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
Rights of the data subject
Under the GDPR, you have a number of rights as data subject. Koak Design considers it important that you can exercise these rights. You can appeal to one of the rights below by sending an e-mail or letter or by submitting a request at the reception desk of our offices. You have the following rights:
- Right to inspection: you have the right to inspect your personal data processed by Koak Design;
- Right to rectification: you have the right to rectify any incorrect personal data relating to you;
- Right to removal: you have the right to the removal of any personal data relating to you if Koak Design no longer requires them for the purpose for which they were processed;
- Right to restrict processing: if the correctness of the processed personal data is disputed, the processing is unlawful, Koak Design no longer requires the personal data for the processing purposes, or you have objected to the processing, you have the right to restrict processing. In other words, the personal data may (temporarily) not be processed or modified;
- Right to transfer the data: you can submit a request to have all personal data relating to you transferred by Koak Design to another organisation;
- Right to object: you may object to the processing of your personal data by Koak Design. In case of such a request, Koak Design will cease the processing of the personal data, unless there are justified grounds that outweigh your interests;
- Right not to be subject to automated processing: you have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on an automated processing that has legal consequences for you, such as profiling.
If you have a complaint about the methods of Koak Design, you may report this to Koak Design or lodge a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority where it concerns the protection of your personal data. This can be done via: Website Dutch Data Protection Authority
You can contact the Koak Design Privacy Officer at the address below:
Koak Design B.V., Privacy Officer
Gemeenlandsedijk zuid 14B
3216 AH Abbenbroek, Netherlands
+31181 – 506610
Version May 2018